Here's a fun opportunity to learn some words native to the Trinidad and Tobago dialect.
We speak English on the island but throughout our short history have developed a unique dialect.
Pick a word and try to record yourself saying it.
Try it nah!
- allyuh (all-yuuh) -- all of you people
- bacchanal (back-ha-nall) -- party atmosphere, arguments, confusion, stress
- brought-up-sy (brought-up-see) -- showing that a person was correctly brought up and has decorum
- conumono (cooh-nuu-moo-nuu) -- idiot, foolish, stupid person
- dougla (doh-guh-lah) -- a person of mixed race, usually African and East Indian
- dotish (doh-tisch) -- silly, stupid
- fall out (fall out) to stop speaking with someone or to terminate a friendship
- lime (lime) to hang out in a casual atmosphere