As every week goes by, I learn new ways to improve my sunrise/sunset sketch. This week, I was able to use an array to create and randomly display stars – my version of a particle system.
In this sketch you have the following happening:
- The sun is moving along the x-axis on it’s own
- When it gets to x = 450, it changes colour
- While the sun is moving, the background colour is also changing. The sun is mapped to the background to create the “illusion” of the sun rising, then setting.
- As x = 400, my stars are generated using an array.
- The stars have attributes that allow them to glow and move in the moonlight.
My new Sketch!